Lemonade Mini Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
I had a cupcake order this weekend for a bridal shower. These Lemonade Mini Cupcakes were one of the 6 mini cupcakes I made. It was my first time making standard lemonade cupcakes but according to the bride they were one of the favorites at the shower. Spring is in the air and these are a perfect addition for any upcoming occasion this season.
This recipe will make 48 minis
1 1/2 cups of AP Flour Plus 1/8 cup of AP Flour
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
2 sticks of butter (unsalted) Yes it matters
1 Cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 TB Lemon Zest
1 1/2 TB of Lemon Juice (fresh is the ticket)
1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla (Mexican is my favorite)
4 whole eggs and one egg white
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree. Line mini cupcakes tins with paper liners. Spray with Pam spray.
2. In a medium bowl sift together salt and flour.
3. With an electric mixer beat butter with sugar (cream on medium high speed) until light and fluffy. Scraping down sides of bowl every few minutes.
4. Add lemon zest and juice. Reduce speed to medium and add vanilla. Add one whole egg at a time, beating until incorporated, scrap down the sides after each additional egg. Now reduce speed to low.
5. Add Flour mixture in batches of 1/2 cup portions, beating until completely incorporated after each addition.
6. Divide the batter up using a number 60 scoop for perfect even baking and sizes for the cupcakes.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes depending on your oven test often these will be done in no time!
7. Let cupcakes cool before frosting
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
1 Package of 8 ounce cream cheese (use 1/3 fat reduced)
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
2 TB of fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tsp of Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoon of Mexican vanilla extract
5 Cups of confections’ sugar
Beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla all together until smooth and fluffy. Add confection’s sugar 1/2 cup to a cup at a time. Beat until creamy or to preferred consistency. Add to piping bag with tip of choice create magical minis