Pink Pepper Sauce with Zucchini and Bowtie Pasta
For the love of a fine restaurant we dine at for special occasions, I tweaked my mom’s recipe for our favorite pasta. Now we can have it in just 20 minutes anytime instead of driving 45 minutes to a hour for this spicy filling pasta. Plus this is great way to use your garden’s endless supply of Zucchini!
1/2 box of whole wheat farfalle pasta
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 small onion diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 package of Alfredo dry mix
1 small or medium Zucchini
1 TB Olive Oil
1 can of stewed tomatoes (drained)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of hot red pepper flake
1 cup of Hot Sicilian pasta sauce
Parmesan Reggiano cheese to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package and and set aside. Start sauce when you go to start your water for the pasta and the sauce will be ready when your timer goes off for the pasta.
2. Heat large sauté pan to medium high heat and oil. Once oil is heated add minced garlic.
3. Once garlic lightly browned add onion and sauté until golden. Add pepper flake
4. Add chopped Zucchini and stewed tomatoes
5. Once vegetables are tender add heavy cream, Alfredo mix, salt and pepper and pasta sauce.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
7. Add pasta and enjoy.
Best served with shrimp, or grilled chicken and a slice of garlic toast!
Next… I just have to tackle their chocolate cake with mile high peanut butter frosting …