I am a true believer of an apple a day will keep the doctor away! I am an avid follower of that saying. Here is an easy way to add some apple into your diet if have a love of apples like I am.
1 cup of shredded apple ( no need to peel) you need they extra fiber !!
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 tsp ground high quality cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
3/4 cup (6oz) vanilla fat free yogurt
Zest of one small orange
1/2 tsp Mexican Vanilla or high quality vanilla
Cinnamon and sugar to taste
This recipe yields 12 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 standard muffin tins
2. Take flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices and zest of orange place in a large bowl and whisk together.
3. In a small bowl mix together yogurt, egg substitute, vanilla, and oil.
4. Pour liquid batter into dry ingredients.
5. Fold the batter together try not to over mix.
6. Add shredded apple.
7. Fold apples into batter.
8. Potion out using 2 oz scoop into lined and cooking sprayed
9. Bake for 22-23 minutes on 350 degrees.
10. Let muffins cool in tin for 3 to 5 minutes remove from tin spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.