One of my husband’s favorite foods is pizza. I love bread so this is the perfect marriage of the two. This a super quick recipe but very satisfying. I also love this recipe because I get to use the canned peppers we grew last year in the garden. See the link below for the recipe.
2 teaspoons yeast
1 ½ cups warm water
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup canned hot peppers in oil
1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
4 cloves of chopped garlic
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup black olives diced
1/4 cup green onion chopped
1 TB pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
1/2 cup Asiago cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend reduced fat
1 tablespoon canolia oil ( I used the oil from the canned peppers)
Cornmeal for dusting
Optional marinara sauce for dipping
1.In a small bowl place yeast in warm water and left proof for 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix AP flour, sugar, & salt.
3. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix with wooden spoon until combined. The dough will be sticky. Sprinkle pepperoni, peppers, olives, cheese, garlic, green onion, and pizza seasoning over top the dough and using hands fold the ingredients into the dough until incorporated.
4. Cover the dough in the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for one hour.
5. After one hour has elapsed place in refrigerator and allowed to continue to rise for one hour.
7. Brush dough with canolia oil. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack before slicing.