I love using my grandfathers homemade horseradish in dishes. This one is unique since it calls for rosemary which adds a bit of flare. I love making these on the weekend. I often share them with my neighbors since there are only two of us or they freeze nicely.
3 1/2 cups of heart smart bisquick mix
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 c skim milk
1.5 cups of egg substitute or 6 eggs
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
2/3 cup of shredded 2% cheddar cheese
2/3 cup of lean ham or Canadian bacon chopped
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 TB of fresh pureed horseradish
1/2 TB of chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375 and cooking spray line 12 standard size muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix the horseradish, salt, pepper, and eggs or egg substitute. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix biscuit mix, and milk to form sticky dough. Pour out dough onto a lightly floured clean countertop surface and use a rolling pin to evenly spread dough out into about 1/4 inch thick dough. Use a biscuit cutter or a glass about 3.5 inches to form biscuits.
4. Place the cut biscuit into the prepared muffin dish and press evenly up the side and into the tin. Add half the cheese evenly onto the biscuits (about a tsp or so in each). Also add 3-4 slices of the ham onto of the cheese (about half the ham). Add a few pieces of chopped peppers.
5. Divide the egg mixture into the cups evenly about 1/4 cup into each tin. Finish off the cups by adding evenly the remaining ham, pepper, & cheese.
6. Lastly dust with rosemary.
7. Bake the bites for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set. Keep the bites in the tins for 5 minutes on wire rack. Yield: serves 12