I love oatmeal in the winter months. I eat it just about everyday. You can add just about anything and everything to it. I generally buy the store bought low sugar packets. I always add additional fixings to them to doctor them up (vanilla extract, almond milk, steiva, unsweetened applesauce, or puréed pumpkin… Plus lots and lots of cinnamon). I have been wanting to make my own for sometime now.
I tried 8 different varies today but the options are endless.
All the packets contain
3/8 cup of rolled oats
1 tsp ground Vietnamese cinnamon
1 teaspoon of low sugar vanilla protein powder
1 pack of stevia (Optional & not pictured)
Plus one of the following
- 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons of PB 2 powder
- One dried fig finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of raisins chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed milled
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
Place them in a Ziploc size snack pack baggie.
Take to work and keeping your desk.
For Hot Water or Milk Preparation
1. Empty packet into bowl.
2. Add up to 3/4-1 cup hot fat free milk, unsweetened almond milk or boiling water, stir.
3. Let sit for 60 seconds covered. Enjoy!
For Microwave Preparation
1. Empty packet into microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add up to 1 cup unheated milk or water; stir.
3. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes; stir again.