Fall is pumpkin madness as far as I am concerned so I am going to take advantage of the season and the bountiful harvest of the pie pumpkins! This is a spin off my hubbies favorite chocolate chip cookie.
This recipe yields: 74 cookies
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup puréed pumpkin
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups Whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 small box pumpkin pie instant pudding ( you can use sugar free)
1 (10 ounce) bag pumpkin spice baking chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Parchment paper line 2 half sheet pans & set aside.
3. In a small bowl thoroughly mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in both sugars, vanilla, pudding mix, and pumpkin continue to beat with paddle attachment. Slowly add in eggs one at a time.
5. Add in flour blend to the liquid batter. Slowly incorporate. Be cautious not to over mix. Fold in pumpkin chips.
6. Portion out cookies using a # 60 scoop and place 15 to a pan. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on pan and then move to a wire rack to cool.