I planned a very big trip this weekend. I went to Georgia to pick up my baby girl Lucy. My second cousin breeds Labs and I have wanted one of her’s for years.
I am starting a new chapter in my life, and I am looking forward to the road ahead with her. She already has stolen my heart.
I made these bars to take on my adventure to Georgia. I never like to go anywhere empty handed. These tasty treats turned out delicious. Even my Cousin said they taste really good for looking like bird food. 😂
9 by 13 glass Pyrex pan
3/4 cup honey
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/4 steel oats
1 cup pretzels pieces (crumbs)
1 1/3 cup Millet
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups Puffed barley cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Parchment paper line 9 by 13 glass pan. Set aside
1. In a large bowl mix the honey and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals. Until the batter is very smooth and easy to mix. It only took me 1 minute to reach the consistency I was going for.
2. In a separate bowl while the peanut butter softens. Place all the remaining ingredients into a medium bowl mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the honey/peanut butter blend. Stir until combine.
3. Pour the batter into the parchment paper lined baking dish. Spread the batter evenly. I like to use another piece of parchment paper to do this.
4. Place in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven allow to cool and cover place in refrigerator over night with lid.
6. In the morning remove the bars using the parchment. Place them on a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars using sharp knife. Place in snack size ziplock bags or place back in the glass dish and store in refrigerator.
Any trail mix connoisseur will love.. love this blend of nuts, seeds, and everything in between. Especially all you cashew lovers in the crowd.
71 oz sealable container
1 cup pepita seeds
1 cup cocoa almonds
1 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit, no added sugar (blueberries, cherries & cranberries)
1 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
2 1/2 cups unsalted whole cashews
1 3/4 cup of dark chocolate pretzels nibs ( I found at Marshall’s♥️)
1 cup of lightly salted peanuts
1. Layer the ingredients separately in the container. Make sure to leave some room at the top.
2. Secure the lid on top of the container and give it a good shake. Gently shake until all nuts, seeds, and everything in between is well incorporated throughout.
Yields: 71 oz of trail mix and saves you $. Just say NO to store bought and your wallet will be smiling 😁
My all time favorite combo is Peanut Butter and Banana. Honestly I could eat this combo for every meal and snack. I usually enjoy a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch but ran across this concoction since I had an overripe banana lingering in the kitchen.
1 small banana ripe
1TB PB2, chocolate
1 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1 truvia packet
3/8 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/2 cup Water (I like mine watery, if you prefer yours thick omit)
1. Place the peeled banana in an 18 oz mason jar. Mash the banana with a fork.
2. Add the next 4 ingredients into the jar, mix well.
3. Finally add the liquid ingredients (almond milk and water) into the banana purée. Place the lid and seal on the jar and give it a good shake. Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight to allow the ingredients to marry.
4. When ready for breakfast, give the jar another good shake and remove seal and lid to enjoy. If you are in a hurry, you can drink it through a straw in the way to work.