If I haven’t said it before, I have made at least 30 different versions of chocolate chip cookies. That said this recipe below is by far my most requested recipe!
In fact it’s the only recipe I have memorized by heart because I have made it so many times. I have been fine tunning it for years. My mom always says I don’t like to share my food but I do love to share my recipes! This one is for you Kathy 😊!
We are gearing up for our yearly Topsail NC road trip and I asked my nephew what cookies I should make. Despite I already knew the answer before I asked the question… CHOCOLATE CHIP Aunt Nelli ❤️.
This Recipe Yields: approximately 5 dozen cookies using number 60 scooper.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
¾ cup brown sugar (not packed)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 small (96g) box jell-o vanilla instant pudding or white chocolate
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (penzey’s single strength)
2 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 (12 ounce) bag semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Aldi Brand this time but ghirardelli is always a winner too)
1. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream together the butter, pudding, and both sugars. On a slow speed, add the eggs (one at a time), and vanilla extract to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually on a low speed add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
3. Lastly add the chocolate chips. Mix until the chips are spread throughout dough evenly.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
5. After 45 minutes have elapsed preheat oven to 350. Keep the dough in the refrigerator. Prepare 1/2 sheet baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
6. Drop on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I use a number 60 scoop to make them uniform.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes; longer for really large cookies. (13 minutes is usually the trick to my oven)
Let the cookies sit on the pan for about a minute and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy because they won’t last long !