Recipe Yields: 24 standard size cupcakes (using a Size 16 Scoop)
I never thought I would say GO Lakeview Bulldogs! No way not from growing up a Golden Flash! Go Champion Flashes!! However, my cousin’s daughter, Meg, graduated from Lakeview High School this year. I was asked to make cupcakes for her open house this weekend.
Luckily I moved back to the Pittsburgh area . I am am only 81 miles from home instead of 500 plus. I was able to prepare the cupcakes in my new quant 1920 home. I love baking and making cupcakes, even though I just moved back and still have boxes everywhere… How could I say no! I laughed initially because I honestly don’t think I have ever made vanilla cupcakes.
These are super fun and easy to make and don’t skimp out on not using a vanilla bean to add the little black flecks of tasty vanilla with each bite.
Of course when I made the cupcakes for the event I Quadrupled the recipe.
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 vanilla bean, vanilla seeds scrapped
12 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, (1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temperature))
4 large eggs, (room temperature)
3/4 teaspoon salt, kosher
3 cups of all purpose floor
11/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/4 cup of buttermilk,(room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Buttercream Frosting I used this one and had to make 2.5 recipes of the batter! It really does pipe beautifully
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with paper liners 24 light in color muffin tins. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla bean seeds, and sugar until pale, light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, mix after each addition.
3. In a medium bowl sift together the baking powder, salt, and flour. Set aside.
4. Start incorporate on a low speed some of the flour mixture, alternate and gradually add some of the buttermilk in three parts, swapping between buttermilk and flour until all the mixture is incorporated. Be cautious not to over mix.
5. Portion out the batter using a size 16 scoop into prelined muffin tins. Bake for 8 minutes and rotate in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes. All the cupcakes to cool in tin for 5 minutes and remove from tin and allow to cool on wire rack for the remainder of the time frame. Prior to frosting.
6. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frosting using buttercream recipe link. Or your favorite go to frosting.