We used to make these as kids! My mom would make the dough and my sister and I would get the big job of cutting the shapes. Oh I love the smell of these keepsakes! They always last a few years.
***Warning these are not edible***
7.75 ounces of ground cinnamon (use the dollar store kind)
12 oz unsweetened applesauce
Scant water if necessary
1. Warm applesauce in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Be careful applesauce maybe hot!
2. Add ground cinnamon to applesauce. Mix with spatula. You might have to add some water to get to correct consistency.
3. Roll out to wanted thickness on pastry mat. Use your favorite cookie cutters to shape your ornaments.
4. Place ornaments on wax paper. Store in an area where you can let stand for a week to dry.
5. Once the ornaments have completely dried you can decorate them as you wish.