The original recipe called for 8 eggs and I swapped out those for liquid egg whites to cut some of the fat.
This recipe yields 12 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
1 pound of whole wheat bread (dried)
1 1/2 cups of liquid egg whites
1 Tablesppon of pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups of pumpkin purée
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
2 tablespoon of raw sugar
1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped finely pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cooking spray 9 by 13 baking dish & set aside.
3. Cube up bread into 1 inch pieces & scatter in greased 9 by 13 pan. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl whisk egg whites,vanilla,spice, pumpkin purée, and maple syrup. Pour over bread and mix to coat well. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl mix butter, sugar, pecans,and flour. Sprinkle evenly over bread.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until ready to serve.
7. If your guests would like they can always add Extra Maple Syrup.