We attendee a very special wedding earlier in the month of our dear friends. It was a lot of fun. We had the honor of preparing their wedding cake for this memorable event.
Their adorable 4-pawed son aka chocolate lab, George was in the wedding party! In honor of this families special day we also baked a dog best man’s cake to go along with their wedding cake. George was able to share his cake with his fellow wedding attendee pups.
If you like the dog biscuits you can find the recipe here.
This recipe yields one 6 inch round cake
Peanut Butter & Carrot Cake
1/8 cup natural peanut butter
1/8 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 cup honey
2 egg whites (1/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree & parchment paper line a 6 inch round cake pan & spray with flour canola oil spray (like bakers joy or the pam variety).
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together vegetable oil, egg, honey and vanilla extract. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until no dry residue remains. Fold in carrots.
- Once batter is combined, pour into the prepared 6 inch baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Use toothpick method to check the readiness of the cake. Once toothpick comes out clean out of the center of the cake with no wet residue removed the cake from the oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 5 minutes in the pan. Once time has elapsed remove from the pan and allow to cool the remainder of the time on wire rack.
Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
- In a medium mixing bowl with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese and the peanut butter, beat together until creamy and spreadable.
- Once the cake has cooled. Frost the cake and decorate as you wish. If you like the biscuit idea make sure to add the biscuits while the frosting is still wet and has not firmed up.