We had a special birthday in the office the other day and one of her favorite things to eat is pumpkin flavored treats . Luckily I still have a stock pile of puréed pumpkin in our freezer from our generous neighbors . I love using pumpkin purée in baked goods.
Sometimes I like to add it as a mystery ingredient for moisture and other times I like it to be the star of the show . Puréed pumpkin is a very moist and packed nutrients. It is a perfect substitute to swap out some unnecessary fat with oil or butter in a baked good. Pumpkin is high in vitamin A and bonus only 30 calories per 1 cup cubed.
1 cup pure puréed pumpkin
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup puffed wheat cereal
1 cup raw sugar
1 oz chocolate hazelnut spread
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cups dried craisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 9 baking dish with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Thoroughly mix together in a large bowl the first 7 ingredients and then fold in the dried cranberries.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Spread the batter evenly into the baking dish.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool, cut into 16 bars, and enjoy!